Complete the Scoping Survey by Sunday, 18 April.
The Align project – Aligning accounting approaches for nature – will assist the European Commission’s efforts to support businesses, financial institutions and other stakeholders in developing standardized natural capital accounting practices by establishing a standardized approach to biodiversity measurement and valuation.
Align is a 3 year business-focused and business-driven project. Businesses and other stakeholders in the field of natural capital management accounting and corporate biodiversity measurement, valuation and disclosure will have various opportunities to engage in the project throughout its lifespan. Among the engagement activities is an annual survey.
The objectives of the Align Scoping Survey (Year 1) are:
- Confirm needs, interests and challenges of the broader Align community members with regard to (i) corporate biodiversity measurement approaches, and (ii) corporate natural capital management accounting (NCMA) experience. NCMA goes beyond biodiversity and includes air, water and land.
- Establish a baseline of business knowledge and business experience on both issues
- Identify key areas of potential alignment in both areas
- Secure initial input into the way in which biodiversity measurement challenges can best be addressed
- Secure initial understanding of training & education, and research & innovation needs and potential actions to address these
- Input into initial development of a biodiversity measurement standardised approach for busines
Members of the Align commmunity are joining as individuals and are not representing their organisation. In this regard, respondents should aim to answer from one perspective which represents their current experience and views.