This text is taken from We Value Nature.
‘The We Value Nature webinar series will help participants to better understand and overcome barriers to investing in nature-based innovation.
The webinar series is targeted at businesses developing nature-based products and services. It will also benefit non-governmental organisations seeking finance for projects and innovations that can generate a return on investment.
The EU B@B Platform and the European Investment Bank have teamed up for the first webinar, which will provide an introduction to financing investment in natural capital. Access to investment finance is frequently seen as a barrier by businesses in scaling up projects and innovations that benefit natural capital and biodiversity. On the other side of the table, banks and other investors struggle to develop a pipeline of investible projects that enhance natural capital and biodiversity.
The webinar will draw from the European Investment Bank’s recent publication ‘Investing in Nature: financing Conservation and Nature-based solutions’, which provides a practical guide on how to put together investment propositions.
- 20th June
- 11:30 – 12:30 BST
The webinar will consider:
- The main challenges in setting up a natural capital investment from a financiers’ perspective
- Getting started:
- Defining the investment project
- Developing a business idea and business model
- Defining the investment need
Webinar presenters include:
- Stefanie Lindenberg, Coordinator, Natural Capital Finance Facility, European Investment Bank
- Vasco Ferreira da Costa, Senior Investment Officer, European Investment Bank
- Guy Duke, Project Director, We Value Nature’
Read on and register here.