Returning for its 6th edition on September 21 2021, Climate Action’s Sustainable Investment Forum North America in official partnership with UNEP Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) is going virtual.
The four-part virtual forum will welcome a large online interactive audience of asset owners and managers, banks, development institutions, policymakers, think tanks and NGOs looking to drive meaningful change in sustainable finance during virtual Climate Week NYC. A North American focused month dedicated to sustainable investment will open up the forum to a wider global audience.
Part 1: Tuesday 21st September 2021
Part 2: Thursday 23rd September 2021
Part 3: Tuesday 28th September 2021
Part 4: Thursday 30th September 2021
As the world reacts to the new world order in the midst of COVID-19, green finance and sustainable ESG practices have a pivotal role to play in global financial markets. Our virtual forum will provide an online environment to grow and continue to engage with the sustainable finance community in these unprecedented times.
The virtual edition of the Forum will be THE online meeting place for the finance community during Climate Week New York.
- Greening an inclusive recovery and financing a sustainable future – how to push for a net-zero economy during a global health crisis and
- economic downturn
- Globalisation and the pressure for change: evaluating responsible investment strategies in the North American region in line with geopolitical trends
- The current state of the ESG landscape in North America- has the pandemic coupled with a Biden Presidency increased the demand for
- ESG investing?
- The material impact of deforestation and biodiversity loss – managing financial risk of deforestation to minimise systemic risk across portfolios and asset classes
- Mainstreaming ESG- driving the climate change agenda and meeting UN SDGs
- How to contend with greenwashing and impact washing – Separating fact from greenwashing
- Transparency and reporting on ESG risks for different asset classes – equity and fixed income
- The role of quant, big data, and AI in improving transparency in ESG in a post-pandemic economy
- Is there a need for a global taxonomy to meet 2050 targets and drive a green, and resilient recovery? The benefits of adopting TCFDs