We are looking for a dynamic, proactive and creative individual to join our small communications team. Working closely with the Communications Director, you will help to promote the work of the Capitals Coalition on the global stage.
You will have a strong ‘can-do’ attitude, excellent communication and organizational skills, the ability to work independently and operate with a high level of autonomy. You believe people and planet must be at the heart of decision making and enjoy exploring how different stakeholders interact to deliver impact.
About Capitals Coalition
The Capitals Coalition is a global collaboration transforming the way decisions are made by including the value provided by nature, people and society. Our ambition is that by 2030 the majority of business, finance and government will include all capitals in their decision making, and that this will deliver a fairer, just and more sustainable world. We are at an exciting time in our history, having united the global natural capital and social and human capital communities in 2020. In 2021, we launched a new online platform, The Community, and new website to support our growing, global community. We are now looking for a Communication Officer to support us in the next stage of our development.
Digital communications, media & PR
- Manage the Capitals Coalition’s online presence by administrating and updating the Coalition website with regular news, events, project updates and webpages.
- Lead on the delivery of the Coalition’s blog program.
- Draft and edit op-eds, website copy, speeches and remarks, briefings and other written materials.
- Undertake regular media reviews of the latest developments in the natural and the social and human capitals space.
- Record and analyze online analytics (Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, Mailchimp) to feed into internal reports and make data driven recommendations for content and engagement strategies.
- Work with external agencies to develop videos, reports and other online content.
- Manage social media accounts, (especially LinkedIn).
- Lead the development of monthly newsletters.
Graphic design and layout
- Design communications materials such as flyers, slides, social media cards and Mailchimp templates, InDesign, word documents and reports following brand and style guidelines.
- Act as point of contact and manage relationships with web developers and external communications and design agencies.
- Ensure that Coalition outputs are in a harmonized style and build the Coalition brand.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of communications plans for Coalition projects.
- Manage a calendar of project outputs to ensure effective promotion of reports, events and other project deliverables.
- Work with our Global Community Officer to support the international events program by promoting events online, managing and uploading event recordings and providing occasional technical support.
- Support the development and planning of Coalition participation at external global events e.g. UN Biodiversity COP15, IUCN World Conservation Congress and the UNFCCC Climate COP26.
- Support the drafting of talking points and briefings for Coalition speakers and ambassadors.
How to apply
The Coalition consists of organizations from all around the world and with people of different gender, race, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability, geography, political affiliation and country of origin, and as much as possible we want this to be reflected in our team. We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community and we welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please complete the application form and equal opportunities monitoring form and return them to email@example.com by 12 noon (BST) on Tuesday 1st June. Interviews will be held remotely and planned for Tuesday 15th June.