Text from A4S
The Prince’s Accounting for Sustainability Project (A4S) was established by HRH The Prince of Wales in 2004 with the aim to inspire action by finance leaders to drive a fundamental shift towards resilient business models and a sustainable economy.
Head of Performance
The Prince’s Accounting for Sustainability Projects (A4S)
£65k – £70k
The Head of Performance will be a key member of the A4S senior management team. The successful candidate will have the ability to lead the finance, operations, governance, and HR for A4S to enable efficient, effective, and timely delivery of A4S activities and achieve our strategic goals. The role will be located within the central team, based in London, covering A4S’s activities globally.
The role will include leading finance, operations, people/HR and governance for A4S globally, including:
• Assessing and implementing recommendations for improvement on current operations.
• Developing, monitoring, and reporting progress against organizational performance indicators.
• Working closely with relevant members of the team to develop and implement clear plans, review effective deployment, and enable sustainable growth.
• Ensuring strong financial processes and controls are in place and maintained.
• Overseeing the monthly management accounts and annual reporting, as well as working with other members of the SMT to maintain and grow revenue in line with budget.
• Ensuring that a strong personal development framework is in place and implemented.
• Overseeing the management of and reporting to key A4S governance bodies, developing strong working relationships with advisory council and board members.
• Overseeing legal aspects including contracts, ensuring that A4S’s activities are fully compliant with relevant local legislation, drawing on external legal support as needed.
• You will come into contact with a wide range of stakeholders in this role and you must be confident interacting at a very senior level and be at ease building professional working relationships.
About the successful candidate: You will have a strong background in operations with proven ability in leading the financial, operational, people and governance activities of an organization, with experience in the not-for-profit sector an advantage. You will be flexible and have the ability to work on your own initiative. You will be a logical thinker and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You must have a proactive approach to your work and excellent attention to detail. You should be able to work autonomously and as part of a team, and be able to build strong relationships with a wide range of individuals, globally.
This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact across the global finance and accounting community.
To apply for this position, please fill in the Equal Opportunities information and upload your CV and include a supporting document of no more than two pages of A4 onto our website.
Application deadline: 16 May
Preliminary interviews with Prospectus: 18 May – 24 May
Panel stage interviews: W/C 6 June
These dates may be subject to change and applicants will be advised in advance should this happen.