The Knowledge and Technical Manager will be part of a fast-moving and innovative team. The role will focus on the design and delivery of practical tools, guidance materials, case studies, workshops and other outreach materials to enable the finance and accounting community to adopt sustainable decision making. You will be based within the Knowledge and Technical team but will collaborate closely with other A4S team members across all of our programmes. Your key areas of responsibility will include:
• Developing practical materials to help finance teams to embed sustainability into their decision making, such as guides, case studies, online content and tools.
• Providing technical input and content to projects across the team, researching new areas at the intersection of sustainability and finance.
• Creating and delivering outreach materials including presentations, speaker notes, workshop and webinar materials.
• Building and managing a global portfolio of practical examples.
• Managing the A4S Expert Panel to enable A4S to draw on leading global insight to shape technical and outreach activities.
• Providing technical oversight of the commitments process for all CFO Leadership Network members.
• Delivering content in webinars and workshops.
• Representing A4S at external meetings, conferences and workshops.
You will come into contact with a wide range of stakeholders in this role. You must be comfortable interacting at a very senior level and be at ease building professional working relationships.
The role will also provide a variety of opportunities to develop new skills within a dynamic team environment. These will include technical, operational, communication and project management skills. You will also have the opportunity to build an extensive network of contacts.
About the successful candidate: You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to represent complex ideas and materials in a simple and engaging format. You will have experience writing impactful collateral, such as practical guidance, workshop materials, papers, briefs and reports. An understanding of the use of digital formats to communicate information would be an advantage.
Educated to degree level or equivalent, you will need to be a qualified accountant, with previous sustainability experience. You must have a proactive and flexible approach to your work and excellent attention to detail. You should be able to work autonomously and as part of a team, and be able to build strong relationships with a wide range of individuals, globally.
This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact across the global finance and accounting community.
Closing Date: 19/05/2021