The A4S Knowledge and Technical Senior Manager will be a core member of the A4S knowledge and technical team, and will work closely with the Executive Director and the Knowledge and Technical Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of work: 37.5
Location: London, with the opportunity for flexibility
Salary: On application
Apply by: 22nd July 2021
About the role
A4S’s purpose: Our purpose is to transform finance to deliver a sustainable future.
A4S is a small organization with a big impact, working with C-suite representatives across the global finance community to drive change.
The A4S Knowledge and Technical Senior Manager will be a core member of the A4S knowledge and technical team, and will work closely with the Executive Director and the Knowledge and Technical Manager, as well as other members of the A4S team, to support on the global implementation of the A4S Strategy. A key responsibility of the knowledge and technical team is to develop tools and guidance to help finance and accounting professionals embed social and environmental factors into their financial decision making.
The role will be located within the central team, based in London, covering A4S’s activities globally.
The role will include support a diverse range of A4S projects, from engagement, communications and events, through to CFO Leadership Network project activities, including:
- Manage the development and delivery of A4S’s research and technical work programme, which will include a global implementation programme of workshops, webinars and other activities.
- Manage the quality control and review process for key practical guidance and thought leadership outputs to ensure global consistency of content.
- Develop materials, case studies and research that enables the CFO Leadership Network outputs to be integrated into training and education, both by members of the Accounting Bodies Network and by leading Business Schools around the world.
- Share insights and give direction to the A4S team to help them, Network members (CFO LN and ABN), and the wider finance and accounting community to stay on top of the latest research and thinking in the accounting for sustainability arena.
- Support the development of technical content for major A4S outreach events, including those hosted by HRH The Prince of Wales such as the A4S Annual Summit, working closely with the A4S Communications Manager and Events and Outreach Manager.
- Represent A4S at technical meetings, conferences and outreach events
- Act as line manager to designated members of the A4S team, identifying and providing opportunities for their development.
You will come into contact with a wide range of stakeholders in this role and you must be confident interacting at a very senior level and be at ease building professional working relationships.
The successful candidate will have a professional accountancy qualification with at least five years of relevant post-qualification work experience. They will also be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of sustainability issues and their strategic relevance to business. They will have significant experience working with multinational organizations across a range of sectors and geographies, and will understand how to engage finance professionals effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Candidates will have excellent communication skills, with the ability to represent visually complex ideas and materials in a simple and engaging format, together with the experience of drafting impactful collateral (such as guides, workshop materials, papers, briefs and reports). With sound commercial experience and acumen, we expect candidates to be able to interact and engage with a wide range of individuals and stakeholders to develop excellent working relationships.
We are looking for strong international professional experience. Experience in managing and co-ordinating projects across multiple jurisdictions is vital. We are seeking candidates with excellent organizational skills with the ability to plan and manage multiple work streams, and work to tight deadlines. Candidates will have a proven ability to work well in a team and be able to coach, support and develop more junior members of staff.
This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact across the global finance and accounting community.