The United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) 15th Conference of the Parties (COP15) will take place physically in Montreal Canada on 7-19 December 2022, under the Presidency of China. Countries are expected to adopt a Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework (Post-2020 Framework). It will be the nature equivalent of the Paris Climate Agreement and will include goals and targets for our global society, leading the way to achieving the CBD 2050 vision of “Living in Harmony with Nature”.
As was the case for the Paris Climate Agreement, an ambitious and actionable agreement at COP15 will ensure that the nature agenda is raised to the highest political level. This will help set the direction for business action, and guide governments in adopting policies that unlock new business opportunities and create a level playing field and stable operating environment for businesses around the world.
COP15 is a key opportunity for businesses to contribute to the nature agenda for a resilient and sustainable future. To learn more about COP15, the agenda and opportunities for business to engage:
- Read Business for Nature’s COP15 Business Guide
- Join the COP15 Business Advocacy Campaign by 10 October.
Expression of interest to attend COP15
Business for Nature, Capitals Coalition, The B Team, We Mean Business, World Business Council for Sustainable Development and the World Economic Forum are jointly collecting expressions of interest from businesses interested in attending COP15 either physically or virtually. If you are considering attending, please fill out the form below. Note that this is no guarantee to receive a badge or being registered.
Note the following:
- We are centralizing registration of interest so if you are registering here, you do not need to register with individual organizations listed above. If you have already registered interest with an organization listed above, you do not need to re-register here.
- Managing expectations – Note that this is no guarantee to receive a badge or being registered. The number of access badges will be strictly limited, and the procedure of allocation has not yet been announced by the CBD. As a result, this registration does NOT guarantee an access badge or to join a delegation on the ground. Once the CBD announces the badges process, we will work collectively to maximize business participation but cannot guarantee anything at this stage.
- Make sure you submit one form per person (several forms per company are welcomed). If you are not sure of your participation/your colleagues’ participation, we invite you to still register as once the deadline is passed, we will not be able to register additional participants.